Window Frame Card

The Tweet Friends set is one of my favorite sets from MFT stamps, so I wanted to use it as my focal image for the Clean and Simple challenge!! 



I started by cutting the rectangle frame piece using a craft knife and a ruler. 
I love playing with the dimension that foam tape gives and I used it to emphasize the bird at the centre by creating a little window. I used a mix of one and two layers of foam tape to create a varying dimensional look. I stamped and colored my images using alcohol markers and fussy cut all of them. I used color pencils to add extra shading and depth to the bird image.

I used some scraps of colored cardstock as well as white cardstock colored with coordinating alcohol markers(to match the colors I used in the centre focal image) to make the rainbow frame🌈 
I didn't want want the rainbow border to distract from the centre image so I added a layer of vellum to mute the colors a bit! I also added white paint splatters, stitched lines and stars with a white gel pen. I hope you liked the card!
Have a blessed day!🤗

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous idea!! I kept looking at your card trying to figure out how you created the background and then finally read your post. LOL This is such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Kim!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paint Stripe Background Cards

Using Flowers as Your Focal Image

Coloring on Colored Cardstock